Friday, September 10, 2010

Music and Laughter - Day 41

Today's theme was music so here is a photo of our combo phonograph/CD/Tape/AM-FM Radio player/recorder.  I bought it for Chad our first Christmas together because he has such a great collection of vinyl records and I wanted to record them to CD & put them on my external hard drive in case anything ever happened to them.  Ummm......still haven't gotten around to that.  One of my favorite memories of when we dated back in college is of us standing in the entrance way of the MAC Center on Kent State's campus waiting out a rainstorm. The entrance was huge with high ceilings so Chad started doing the long Noah's conversation with God on the building of the Ark from one of Bill Cosby's comedy recordings.  He had the whole thing memorized and it was a great oration, his voice boomed off the ceiling just like on the record.  We still listen to those records every once in a while and laugh our butts off! 
Today was pretty great in a mellow non-exciting to anyone but me way.  Chad actually had the whole day off (yes, two Fridays in a row!) and we all slept in and bummed around until he had to go pick Aidan up from school.  Ethan fell asleep for a huge 3 hour nap just before Chad left so I did all of my chores and prepped supper.  After Ethan woke up, just after 5PM, he and I went in the back yard and picked some more yummy Concord grapes and then played in the grass until the guys got home from visiting my mother-in-law.  Aidan had a good day at school, phew! After supper Aidan was pushing Ethan all around the house in a cardboard box which was adorable.  I took a bunch of photos, but didn't realize that I'd removed the memory card from the camera earlier.  My new camera is much more subtle about saying the card is out so that was a bummer.  The boys both went to bed at 10PM and now Chad is watching Spenser for Hire on his PC while I watch Buffy the Vampire Slayer on DVD and edit the photos from last weekend's wedding.  I feel so much like a real family when we all get to spend time together like today.  

No comments:

Post a Comment