Wednesday, September 8, 2010

The Best Part of My Morning - Day 39

Well, I don't have a picture to go with today's theme "the thing you can't live without in the morning" because that would be the kiss good-bye I get every morning from my husband. I am usually still asleep and only dig myself out from under my pillows and blankets long enough to stick out my head get my kiss and a hug.  He says "Have a good day." and I reply "Have a better one.  Be smart." and we say our I love you and goodbye.  So yeah, no pictures of that. Today I was awake and feeling like utter crap with yet another headache before Chad left.  Luckily, I actually remembered where my aspirin was and was already shaking the pain off when I came across this cute sight in the living room.

He was playing with the toy under the table because he apparently was so eager to make some music he didn't want to wait for Mama to pull it out.  Silly boy!
Today was good and bad.  I was productive, ran some errands and had fun with Ethan.  Aidan had some serious discipline issues at school and his Mom had to go pick him up early.  It has been one major incident every week since school started and it is just so frustrating.  Even the teacher agrees that he can be the best behaved, most respectful and delightful child until something sets him off.  And it is always something so small and silly to us, but whatever it is equals the end of his world to him.  Today it had to do with him missing the opportunity to go to the bathroom after lunch when his table was told it was their turn.  He accused the teacher of not calling their table, then refused to go when she said he could if he needed to.  Somehow that escalated into him telling her he was never speaking to her ever again, screaming his head off and then running out of class to hide in his locker.  For 30 minutes.  Sometimes we think about counseling, but we know they will say the lame b.s. about ADHD or some such thing and want to put him on medication and none of us think that is the case.  Tomorrow is another day, hopefully a better one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment